Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.

От Jason Davis
Тема Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>Hi
>
>I'd like to avoid "my language is better than yours" flames, but I think
>there's 4 possibilities in a unix based environment.

I haven't seen any mention of the interface language "Heitml" anywhere on
the lists. It is not very widely known as far as I can tell. We use it very
heavily in the web-based billing system used by customers and staff at the
ISP I work for, interfacing to a PostgreSQL database which usually has
around a million transactions and about 20,000 users info sitting on it at
any time. It is very similar in principle to PHP, being a server-side
scripting language CGI on a UNIX box, with the code embedded into HTML
pages, only it is more XML like and therefore a bit more "friendly" to web
designers. It has full programming language capabilities including objects,
and you can communicate to the shell with it as well. There is a one-off
license fee per server which is a slight disadvantage when talking costs.

We have had no problems with reliability or speed in the 3 and a half years
of use. Development is lightning quick.

Check out www.radpage.com for more info...radpage is the visual design tool
for the language.

Just thought it might be another option out there...

regards,
Jason Davis
Database Admin/Programmer
Tas Access