Foreign Keys and OIDs

От Toshio Kuratomi
Тема Foreign Keys and OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is the foreign key mechanism supposed to work with OIDs?
Is it known to be broken in 7.0.3?

I declare two tables:

CREATE TABLE address (
street text,
city text,
state char(2) check ( state ~'[A-Z]{2}')
);

CREATE TABLE personaddress (
person_id integer,
address_id oid references address(oid),
notes text,
primary key (person_id, address_id)
);

Then I insert data into both address and person.
When I try to insert into personaddress I get the following reply:

=>INSERT INTO personaddress VALUES ('1', '29321', 'My home');
ERROR:  constraint <unnamed>: table address does not have an attribute oid

Should I create a new primary key column or is there some workaround or a
fix in the upcoming release or am I just plain doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Toshio Kuratomi
--

    b  a  d  g  e  r  @  p  r  t  r  -  1  3  .  u  c  s  c  .  e  d  u