vacuum crash on 6.5.3

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема vacuum crash on 6.5.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Althoug this happens on old 6.5.3, I would like to know if this has
been already fixed...

Here is the scenario:

1) before vacuum, table A has 8850 tuples.

2) vacuum on table A makes postgres crashed.

3) it crashes at line 1758:
Assert(num_moved == checked_moved);
I examined variables using gdb. num_moved == 8849, check_moved ==8813, num_tuples == 18.

4) if PostgreSQL is not compiled with assertion, vacuum does not  crash. However, after vacuum, the number of tuples
descreasesfrom  8850 to 8814!! (I am not sure which number is correct, though)

I think this is an important problem since a data loss might
happen. Any idea?
--
Tatsuo Ishii