Postgres closing the connection too fast with php4+apache

От bboett@erm1.u-strasbg.fr (Bruno Boettcher)
Тема Postgres closing the connection too fast with php4+apache
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

in old days i was used to open the connection to my DB at the begin of
the script, make lots of stuff inside the script and eventually close
the connection at the end (even if php is supposed to do it for me...).

This stopped to work....
now each time i make a call to the DB i connect, make immediately after
the request, and close immediately....

despite this i still get sometimes the dreaded:
Warning: 45 is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in
/home/bboett/www/fibu/includes/global.php on line 344  Erreur durant la requete conn = Resource id #45

and most of what i do not understand is : displaying the connection
shows me a var type conform to what i may expect?? so why does this
error appear? if i open the connection at the begin of my script as i
was used, i get for nearly all exec that type of response....

as this way of doing is real DB intensive (i hear it due to my HD....)
is there anything i could do, something i do wrong?

i use postgres, php4, apache on a debian woody x86  system of latest breed...

--
ciao bboett
bboett@earthling.net

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: