Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: pgsql/src/include (config.h.in)
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [001210 14:26] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> > For instance, the other day I started getting these when trying to
> > commit a transaction:
> >   NOTICE:  InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset
> > Isn't that pretty fatal?  Shouldn't cassert make the database core
> > at that point?  It's indicative of corruption right?
>
> No, no, and no.
>
> > Should I submit a patch for this case?
>
> Only if you want to reduce it to a DEBUG notice.

That doesn't seem to make much sense, after I started getting
these notices all updates to a particular table would say
that then abort my transaction.

Perhaps this is the result of a bug in the MMNB/VLAZY stuff from
Vadim, but it sure was indicative of something gone horribly
wrong, at least for us.