Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal

От ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers)
Тема Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal
Дата
Re: Re: COPY BINARY file format proposal  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 02:28:28PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Given all that, here is a proposed spec for the header:
> Comments?

I've been thinking about this.

I'd like to see a timestamp for when the image was created, and a
128-byte comment field to allow annotations, even after the fact.
(I don't think we're pressed for space, right?)  The more chances
that you don't have to actually load the file to find out what's
in it, the better.

(I have also suggested, in private mail, that the "header length"
field should be the length of the whole header, not just whatever
was added on in versions 2..n.  Tom didn't agree.)

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com