Re: why doesn't this work?

От Ashley Clark
Тема Re: why doesn't this work?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Ashley Clark in "[GENERAL] why doesn't this work?" dated 2000/12/09
* 18:37 wrote:

> Conceptually I don't understand why this doesn't work.
>
> from the psql prompt:

I have an even simpler example now:
plumbing=# begin;
BEGIN
plumbing=# insert into subdivs (code, name) values
plumbing-# ('VG', 'Village Grove');
INSERT 215717 1
plumbing=# delete from subdivs where code='VG';
ERROR:  triggered data change violation on relation "subdivs"
plumbing=# abort;
ROLLBACK
plumbing=# \d subdivs
         Table "subdivs"
 Attribute |   Type   | Modifier
-----------+----------+----------
 code      | char(10) | not null
 name      | char(35) | not null
Indices: subdivs_name_key,
         subdivs_pkey

But I've found another quirk... I have a set of functions that insert
and delete rows in a table (while maintaining a tree structure), these
work fine in a transaction but doing the same combination of steps in a
transaction by hand doesn't work. What's going on here?

I can provide any information needed to figure this out.

--
shaky cellar

Вложения