Re: Grant all

От GH
Тема Re: Grant all
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 11:34:52AM +1100, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> How can i grant access to "all" tables in a database.

I believe that such must be done per-table.

i.e.
grant all on table1 to blah;
grant all on table2 to blah;

> e.g.  grant all on databasename to username.
>
> also how to make postmaster timeout. It seems as though the connections
> are not shutting down.

Are you using persistent connections?
  -> Are you using PHP?
  if(yes)
  {
  There is a bit of surprise regarding php's use of persistent
  connections. php opens a persistent connection for each Apache
  *process*. So, 10 processes -> 10 backends.

  Persistent connections do not timeout in Postgres.
  }

gh