Re: How To Log User Name + Database?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: How To Log User Name + Database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [001206 11:25]:
> Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:
> > Can anyone tell me how to log the db user name and db name to the server
> > log?  Is this possible at present?
>
> Offhand I don't think that happens at the moment, but it does seem like
> it'd be a good idea to have a backend do an elog(DEBUG) at startup that
> mentions its database name and user name.  Assuming you have logging of
> timestamps/PIDs turned on, that would be enough to correlate later log
> messages with a user name.
in 7.1, I use:
log_connections = on
fsync = off
syslog_facility = LOCAL5
syslog_ident = pg-test
syslog=2
show_source_port = on

Which produces:

Dec  4 04:57:09 lerami pg-test[27458]: [1] DEBUG:  connection: host=[local] user=ler database=regression
Dec  4 04:57:11 lerami pg-test[27462]: [1] DEBUG:  connection: host=[local] user=ler database=regression

in the syslog.

So, I think it's there already.