Re: Failed regression tests with 7.0.3 on Windows NT 4.0

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: Failed regression tests with 7.0.3 on Windows NT 4.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Tom Lane wrote on Monday, 2000-12-04:

> Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.de> writes:
> > I've just gotten PostgreSQL 7.0.3 to build and actually run under
> > WinNT 4.0, and the regression tests show two problems: one probably
> > minor in horology (I suppose there's a wrong time zone somewhere), and
> > one probably major in alter_table. I attached the diff output.
>
> The horology discrepancy looks like WinNT doesn't have daylight-savings
> info before 1970.  Try adding
[...]
> Apparently a cygwin bug?  Evidently rename() forgets to set errno on
> failure.  renamerel() is expecting to see errno = ENOENT when the file
> to be renamed doesn't exist.

Thanks a lot!

BTW: You're quite right. cygwin's newlib doesn't seem to bother with errno
all that much in stdio. At first grep, it isn't even mentioned in half
the stdio source files.

--
Christian Ullrich             Registrierter Linux-User #125183

"Sie können nach R'ed'mond fliegen -- aber Sie werden sterben"