Re: OVERLAPS

От Mike Castle
Тема Re: OVERLAPS
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 04:22:20PM +0300, Alex Bolenok wrote:
> peroon=# SELECT OVERLAPS('yesterday', 'today', 'today', 'tomorrow');
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "overlaps"

Try using it as an operator instead of a function:

test=# select ('yesterday'::timestamp, 'today'::timestamp) overlaps
('today'::timestamp, 'tomorrow'::timestamp);
 overlaps
(1 row)

> What am I doing wrong? Is there any way to make this function work?

Is the parser getting confused when it shouldn't (ie, if the functions were
called something beside "OVERLAPS" would it then work)?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all