Docs should clearly say that geometric types must be inserted as strings.

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Docs should clearly say that geometric types must be inserted as strings.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael G Schwern (schwern@pobox.com) reports a bug with a severity of 4

Short Description
Docs should clearly say that geometric types must be inserted as strings.

Long Description
Its not clear in the documentation whether geometric data types are to be dealt with as strings or as barewords in SQL.
A nice, clear example of INSERTing a path or polygon would be nice in the docs.

This isn't a bug, but it made me think PostgreSQL was buggy as I initialy tried:

    INSERT INTO Foo (ID, Chain) VALUES (42, [(1,1),(2,2)])

And got a syntax error about the '['.  After banging my head against the wall for a couple days, I tried the path as a
stringand it worked.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report