Re: shared memory problem

От Michael Teter
Тема Re: shared memory problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I'm not sure if this is related, and unfortunately I
don't have the specific error in front of me, but on
occasion when I restart postgresql, using

$ /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart

I'll see the shutdown message, then I'll see a shared
memory creation error, which I think looked similar to
the one below.

In the past I would just boot the box, and postgresql
naturally would start up just fine.  But last time it
happened I waited a minute, then attempted the restart
again (which obviously would just do a start, as
postgresql wasn't running because of previous
failure.)  It started up fine that time.

Perhaps there's some issue with the shared memory not
being freed quickly enough by the kernel?

michael