LIKE(~~) OR regular pattern(~) deliver incomplete output

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема LIKE(~~) OR regular pattern(~) deliver incomplete output
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
ernst reeh (ernst.reeh@dfg.de) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
LIKE(~~) OR regular pattern(~) deliver incomplete output

Long Description
I work with POSTGRES version 6.4, so maybe the bug is already fixed. Please tell me if it's so.

A search with LIKE(~~) or with regular patterns (~) won't give you all matching rows.
If the first missing letter is a 'y' or a 'z', you won't get this row.
(for example: you're searching for 'duftrei%'. You won't find 'duftreiz' or anything starting with 'duftreiz'. The same
with'duftrey'.)

I really hope, this bug is already fixed.
Bye
Ernst

Sample Code
select * from flexwort;
flexseq      flex
1            duftreiz
2            duftreize
(2 rows)

select * from flexwort where flex ~~ 'duftrei%';
(0 rows)

select * from flexwort where flex ~ '^duftrei.*';
(0 rows)

select * from flexwort where flex ~~ 'duftre%';
flexseq      flex
1            duftreiz
2            duftreize
(2 rows)