Re: Connecting remotely.

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: Connecting remotely.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 09:29:47AM -0500, Adam Lang wrote:
> This may be a silly question, but how does *nix systems speak to a remote
> database without ODBC, like Windows?

Database's client side libraries take care of that.  But that
means linking your app with some particular database library.
e.g. PHP has php_pgsql, php_sybase...  if you want your
app to be database-agnostic, you can link it with e.g. UnixODBC,
which should do the database-specific work.

> As an example, PHP... I have Apache/PHP on one server, and the database on
> another.  How does it do remote calls?

$db = pg_connect("host=another.net port=5432 ... ");

--
marko