Numeric file names

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Numeric file names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Now that we have numeric file names, I would like to have a command I
can run from psql that will dump a mapping of numeric file name to table
name, i.e.,
121233    pg_proc143423    pg_index

With that feature, I can write scripts pgfile2name and pgname2file that
map file names to table names.  People can run standard Unix commands
and have meaningful display output:
ls -l | pgfile2name

changes:
-rwx------  4 postgres  postgres   512 Oct 27 10:52 198323

to:
-rwx------  4 postgres  postgres   512 Oct 27 10:52 pg_class

The only missing piece would be to identify files on a backup tape.  Not
sure how to handle that unless a map file already exists on the tape.

Pennsylvania19026