Re: question about new fmgr in 7.1 snapshots

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: question about new fmgr in 7.1 snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeff Hoffmann <jeff@propertykey.com> writes:
> > my question is whether i should change the function to use the new fmgr
> > type of definition or if it's only for internal functions.
>
> Up to you.  If you need any of the new features (like clean handling
> of NULLs) then convert.  If you were happy with the old way, no need.
>
> A new-style dynamically loaded function must be defined as using
> language "newC" not "C"; this cues fmgr which way to call it.

   Are  you  sure  on  that?  Doesn't  TOAST  mean that any user   defined function  recieving  variable  size
attributes must   expect  them  now  to  be  compressed  or stored external and   change it's access to them going
throughthe  untoasting?  Or   do  you  do  that for old style 'C' functions all the time in   the fmgr now?

> Gotta start updating the documentation soon ;-)

Jan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: relation ### modified while in use
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: question about new fmgr in 7.1 snapshots