Re: MySQL PASSWORD('x') function workalike

От Marko Kreen
Тема Re: MySQL PASSWORD('x') function workalike
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 03:11:12PM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> In MySQL, I can get a hash of a VARCHAR by using the PASSWORD('') call. I
> know for DB admin there is pg_passwd, but is there a function interface so
> that I can get password hashes of arbitrary strings in SQL?  (Note that I
> mean crypto hashes like MD5 and hopefully compatible with the hashes used
> for pg_passwd).

You can check out my implementation I just released ;)

http://www.l-t.ee/marko/pgsql/pgcrypto-0.1.tar.gz

And you can check out -hackers mail I sent.  btw its 20k not
11k as the previous mail said :)

copy-paste desc:

---------------

It exports 2 functions to SQL level:

  digest(data::text, hash_name::text)
        which returns hexadecimal coded hash over data by
        specified algorithm. eg

        > select digest('blah', 'sha1');
        5bf1fd927dfb8679496a2e6cf00cbe50c1c87145

  digest_exists(hash_name::text)::bool
        which reports if particular hash type exists.

--
marko