Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
* Stoffel van Aswegen <Stoffelva@gmsi.co.za> [001016 22:46] wrote:
> I found this on the web.(I don't know when it was published.) The comments
> on the stability concerns me. Has anyone experienced this?
>
> http://sun.med.ru/~phd/Software/SQL/PostgreSQL-vs-MySQL.html

7.0.2 has fixed all but one of our problems.

Tom Lane (one of the core members of the developement team) was
able to diagnose our final problem and provide a fix within 12
hours of us providing sufficient debugging information.

His patch should be in 7.0.3 which should come out in about a week,
there's no reason to worry about 7.0.2 unless you're doing insane
amounts of intensive activity and one will be able to upgrade to
7.0.3 by simply shutting down, installing 7.0.3 and restarting the
7.0.3 version.  (or you can compile from the -PATCHES branch from
CVS)

Yes, there were some rough edges with 6.x and the early 7.0/7.0.1
releases but it's really solid with version 7.0.2.

Сообщение: Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL
Сообщение: Re: Comparison of Postgres vs MySQL