Re: Querying across databases

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: Querying across databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Zak,

One option to move data from table a (ta)in database 1
(db1) to database 2 (db2) is to create ta in db2 and
run the following from the shell:

psql -c "copy ta to stdout;" db1 | psql -c "copy ta
from stdin;" db2

Of course, this is a simplistic solution that assumes
that data will be added but not changed.  I'm not sure
how to tell Postgres to replace unique records with
the newer values.

I'm sure other/better solutions will be posted by more
experienced users.

Best of luck,

Andrew