Re: [HACKERS] Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Re: [HACKERS] Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
I need to know how this is different than our current python interface,
PyGreSQL.

-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Announce: First public release of PgSQL Version 1.0
>
> PgSQL v1.0 has been released.  This is the first public release of PgSQL.
> It is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsql.
>
> PgSQL is a package of two (2) modules that provide a Python DB-API 2.0
> compliant interface to PostgreSQL databases.  The first module, libpq,
> exports the PostgreSQL C API to Python.  This module is written in C and
> can be compiled into Python or can be dynamically loaded on demand.  The
> second module, PgSQL, provides the DB-API 2.0 compliant interface and
> support for various PostgreSQL data types, such as INT8, NUMERIC, MONEY,
> BOOL, ARRAYS, etc.  This module is written in Python and works with
> PostgreSQL 6.5.2 or later and Python 1.5.2 or later.
>
> PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all
> SQL constructs, including sub-selects, transactions, and user-defined types
> and functions. It is the most advanced open-source database available
> anywhere More information about PostgreSQL can be found at the PostgreSQL
> home page at http://www.postgresql.org.
>
> Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming lang-
> uage.  It combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.  It has
> modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types, and
> dynamic typing.  There are interfaces to many system calls and libraries,
> as well as to various windowing systems (X11, Motif, Tk, Mac, MFC).  New
> builtin modules are easily written in C or C++.  Python is also usable as
> an extension language for applications that need a programmable interface.
> Python is copyrighted but freely usable and distributable, even for
> commercial use.  More information about Python can be found on the Python
> home page at http://www.python.org.
>
> --
> ____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
> |  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
> |-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
> |/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

-- End of PGP section.

Pennsylvania19026