Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> For a production machine, I typically build and install my entire
> "mission-critical" chain of apps.  Postgres, PHP, Apache, etc.  This helps
> avoid a few problems: Red Hat may suddenly upgrade to a newly incompatible
> version, or may just change a configuration.

I agree. I'd also compile PHP as a module, rather than rolling it into
the Apache binary. If you find that you, for instance, forgot xml
support, or decide that you suddenly need it, you can just reconfigure
and compile PHP. This is significantly less painful than having to
recompile apache as well. The performance penalty you incur there is
negligible (some people seem to confuse that with compiling PHP as a cgi
binary - this is not recommended and will be much slower).

> At a guess, I would say that you are probably missing an .rpm for the
> postgres-client or pgsql-client, but that is based on my view dealings with
> Red Hat.

Yep. That's what it sounds like.

Сообщение: Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP
Сообщение: Re: Trying to use PGSql with PHP