Re: wrong documentation and others .....

От David Huttleston Jr
Тема Re: wrong documentation and others .....
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi Gabriel,
    We have been using the postgresql JDBC to serialize classes and have
had no problems since we figured out that the doc's are wrong.  I had
to find answers in the source code.
    I've attached a class called Shelf which serializes any java object to a
table.  Within the code is the schema of a table called tbl_objectshelf which
is suitable as a "shelf". I hope this saves you some time.

    Have fun,
        Dave

On Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:59:53 +0200, you wrote:

>     Hi all.
>
>     I have several days working with LargeObject and postgres 7.0.2 and
> I have found many problems. In the first time the postgresql doc is
> wrong, in chapter 58 of PosgreSQL tutorial (JDBC Interfaces) it repot
> who to work with Large Object and give code that is wrong:
>
>         File file = new File("myimage.gif");
>         FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream(file);
>         PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("insert into images
> values (?,?)");
>         ps.setString(1,file.getName());
>         ps.setBinaryStream(2,fis,file.length());
>         ps.executeUpdate();
>         ps.close();
>         fis.close();
>
>         PreparedStatement ps = con.prepareStatement("select oid from
> images where name=?");
>         ps.setString(1,"myimage.gif");
>         ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery();
>         if(rs!=null) {
>             while(rs.next()) {
>                 InputStream is = rs.getBinaryInputStream(1);
>                 // use the stream in some way here
>                 is.close();
>                 }
>             rs.close();
>         }
>         ps.close();
>

>         InputStream ARE NOT SUPPORTED in JDBC implementation ��?� and
> "getBinaryInputStream()" really is "getBinaryStream()".  I think that it
> is very serious. The other method (that I know) is using LargeObjectAPI,
> but this fail every 9 times of PreparedStatement of setObject() sentence
> ��� and when use LargeObjectManager as in source examples. (I send other
> messages to list)
>

>         Has PostgreSQL any way to work WELL with LargeObject.?
>
>     Please reply me.
>
>     Cheers, Gabi.
>

> --
> Gabriel L�pez Mill�n
> Facultad de Inform�tica -Universidad de Murcia
> 30001 Murcia - Espa�a (Spain)
> Telf: +34-968-364644 E-mail: gabilm@dif.um.es

Вложения