Re: (forw) more crashes

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: (forw) more crashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [001004 09:56] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> > I have a reliable way to make postgresql crash after a
> > couple of hours over here and a backtrace that looks like a good
> > catch.
>
> I'm interested in pursuing this, but the backtrace doesn't give enough
> info to debug it.  It looks like the backend is crashing because of
> a previously-corrupted tuple, so what we'll need to do is work backwards
> to find where the data corruption is occurring.
>
> Can you boil down the test sequence to something that could be
> reproduced by other people?  The most convenient way to work on it
> would be to see it happen here...

I just wanted to note on the list that these crashes seem to have
stopped with the latest 7.0.2-patches (as of 11:30ish PM EST Oct,
4th), it's been over 24 hours since the upgrade (previously I
couldn't go for more than 20 without a crash).

My only concern is that I didn't notice anything on the cvs list
that referenced a fix for crashes.

Well anyhow I'll post an update in a couple of days if all is well
or not.

thanks for you time,