failed to compile a C++ SPI function

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема failed to compile a C++ SPI function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just for fun I changed the extension of my SPI function and trigger
source file from .c to .C and tried to compile it:

> g++ -g -Wall -I /usr/include/postgresql -fPIC -pedantic    -c -o bid_control.o bid_control.C
> In file included from /usr/include/postgresql/nodes/relation.h:18,
>                  from /usr/include/postgresql/executor/spi.h:18,
>                  from bid_control.h:31,
>                  from bid_control.C:21:
> /usr/include/postgresql/nodes/parsenodes.h:871: parse error before `typename'

It seems the "typename" word used in the following structure is a
reserved word in C++. (and is appears colored like a type in Vim)

> /*
>  * ParamNo - specifies a parameter reference
>  */
> typedef struct ParamNo
> {
>     NodeTag     type;
>     int         number;         /* the number of the parameter */
>     TypeName   *typename;       /* the typecast */                 ^^^^^^^^^
>     List       *indirection;    /* array references */
> } ParamNo;

Is it totally unreasonable try C++ in SPI programming?

Cheers,

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jocabson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy