Re: current is broken

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: current is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 03:44:25PM +1000, Philip Warner wrote:
> At 13:07 13/09/00 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> >It seems current source is broken if MB is enabled.

Gah, I Was afraid of this. My patch, I'm afraid.

> I haven't looked at the code yet, but isViewRule is going to change to use
> the new reltype for views. Maybe this will side-step the problem?

Yes, it should. However, I've just done a quick test in a non-MB compile, and
it looks like char(n) = 'a string constant' returns true if the first n chars
match. If this is correct behavior, and holds in the multibyte case, then
you can strip out _all_ the rulename truncation from pg_dump.
Here's the example:

I've got a view named: " this_is_a_really_really_long_vi", with matching rule:
"_RETthis_is_a_really_really_lon"

Without truncation, pgdump generates (with addition of relname for
readability) this query (hand wrapped)

reedstrm=# select relname,rulename from pg_class, pg_rewrite           where pg_class.oid = ev_class and
pg_rewrite.ev_type= '1'           and rulename = '_RETthis_is_a_really_really_long_vi';

            relname             |            rulename
_RETthis_is_a_really_really_lon
(1 row)

reedstrm=#

Ross