PL/pgSQL does not accept none ASCII identifiers

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема PL/pgSQL does not accept none ASCII identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
It seems PL/pgSQL accepts only ASCII identifiers. This results in
column names of Europian or Asian languages are syntax errors for
example. Fix for this looks simple (see attached patches) but I would
like to know if there's any intentional reasons for this.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

*** scan.l~    Thu May 27 05:55:06 1999
--- scan.l    Thu Sep  7 19:25:36 2000
*** 48,55 **** #define YY_INPUT(buf,res,max)    plpgsql_input(buf, &res, max) %}
! WS    [[:alpha:]_"]
! WC    [[:alnum:]_"]  %x    IN_STRING IN_COMMENT
--- 48,55 ---- #define YY_INPUT(buf,res,max)    plpgsql_input(buf, &res, max) %}
! WS    [\200-\377_A-Za-z"]
! WC    [\200-\377_A-Za-z0-9"]  %x    IN_STRING IN_COMMENT