problem with the ecpg -D option

От FEYS Mickael
Тема problem with the ecpg -D option
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Configuration :
system   : sun sparc ultra 5
os       : solaris 2.7
postgres : 7.0.2
compilator : cc compilator from the workshop.

Problem: I used the ecpg tool in order to build a c program. I would like to use a conditional compilation in
order to have the same code to acces different system
database but the ecpg tool just copy the #ifdef
statements to the c program.

Example:#ifdef ORACLE exec sql fetch cursor_name into :s_variable /* fetch
instruction for an oracle database */#endif The preprocessor just copy those lines to the c
program whereas it should ignore them and as the fetch
statement which was deserved for oracle is
unrecognised by postgres, the preprocessor is unable
to parse the file.
I try with the -D option, thinking it works like the
-D option in C but it doesn't.

Thanks in advance.
Mickael FEYS