PostgreSQL BugTool Submission

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема PostgreSQL BugTool Submission
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Mickael FEYS (mickaelfeys@yahoo.com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Unexpected behaviour of the ecpg -D option.

Long Description
Configuration :
system   : sun sparc ultra 5
os       : solaris 2.7
postgres : 7.0.2
compilator : cc compilator from the workshop.

Problem:
 I used the ecpg tool in order to build a c program. I would like to use a conditional compilation in order to have the
samecode to acces different system database but the ecpg tool just copy the #ifdef statements to the c program.
Example:
 #ifdef ORACLE
  exec sql fetch ... /* fetch instruction for an oracle database */
 #endif
  The preprocessor just copy those lines to the c program whereas it should ignore them and as the fetch statement
whichwas deserved for oracle is unrecognised by postgres, the preprocessor is unable to parse the file.

 I try with the -D option, thinking it works like the -D option in C but it doesn't.

Thanks in advance.
Mickael FEYS

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

Сообщение: PostgreSQL BugTool Submission
Сообщение: PostgreSQL BugTool Submission