ALTER TABLE has not effect on children tables?

От Louis-David Mitterrand
Тема ALTER TABLE has not effect on children tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
When adding a column to a mother table, children tables don't inherit
that new column. I have to add it to each sub-table manually. Is it
normal?

Unrelated problem: after a dropdb/createdb cylce my old tables and
sequences resurect in the un-initialized database. Even after removing
the tables and sequences one by one _before_ dropdb they keep coming
back like zombies when running createdb. What's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help,

--
Louis-David Mitterrand - ldm@apartia.org - http://www.apartia.org

Murphy's Guide to Science: