Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.

От JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jeffery Collins <collins@onyx-technologies.com> writes:
> > what is the proper way to build a patch file that
> > contains the changes?  I have never done this before.
>
> "diff -c" against current sources, done so that the correct file
> pathnames are visible in the diff output; that is, cd to top level
> of distribution tree and do something like

    For the past years I do a

        cp -R src src.orig

    after the configure step. Whatever I do in the sources, a

        diff -cr src src.orig

    in  the toplevel directory gives me a patch I can apply to my
    CVS checkout. With this I can never forget  a  single  source
    file touched.

Jan