Re: Re: [GENERAL] Is Pg 7.0.x's Locking Mechanism BROKEN?

От JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] Is Pg 7.0.x's Locking Mechanism BROKEN?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
frank wrote:
> Thanks Fabrice, that will help a lot.
>
> In my applications the conflict was not a direct table conflict e.g.
> USER1 locks Table1 record that references Table2 via foreign key with a
> cascade update/delete enforced then
> USER2 tried to lock Table2 for update on the referenced record - result both
> users locked !
>
> Is this the same scenario in your case ?
> perhaps a simple test db could used to resolve if this is the issue !
   Looks  like  a  deadlock  situation  not seen by the deadlock   detection code.  Unfortunately I'm not able  to
reproduce a   lockup  with  a  simple  test  DB.   Could  you post a simple   (trans1 does  ...,  trans2  does  ...)
sample so  we  coule   reproduce such a lockup?

Jan

От: frank
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Is Pg 7.0.x's Locking Mechanism BROKEN?
От: "Henry B. Hotz"
Сообщение: Re: Installation Report for powerpc-apple-netbsdelf1.5