JDBC DateTime broken in postgresql-7.02?

От David C Mudie
Тема JDBC DateTime broken in postgresql-7.02?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello postgresql-interfaces!  I recently upgraded from postgresql-6.5.3
to 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE.  I built and installed postgresql.jar
with JDK 1.1.8 as described in the installation notes.

After the upgrade, a basic query ("SELECT * FROM table") no longer
works as before.  The result set provides text fields just fine, but
datetime fields produce a runtime error.

Unfortunately, I am not calling JDBC directly, but through Halycon
Instant ASP and a Visual Basic ADO class.  I cannot get any
coherent JDBC error messages out of the ASP interpreter and do not know
exactly where things are going wrong.

Does this sound like any known problems with datetime structures in the
v7.02 JDBC classes?  Is there anything easy I can do to fix it?

I have been able to work around the problem by selecting datetime
fields as text, but I would like to know if any better solutions
are available.  Thanks!

David

David C Mudie   DigitalDeck Inc        mudie@digitaldeck.com               San Mateo CA 94402
http://www.digitaldeck.com