Re: Load fails

От Brandon Ibach
Тема Re: Load fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Brandon Ibach <bibach@infomansol.com> writes:
> > ERROR:  Load of file /home/postgres/lib/vcic.so failed:
> >  /home/postgres/lib/vcic.so: undefined symbol: palloc
>
> palloc() has been a macro for a long time.  Could you be
> compiling against some extremely obsolete header files that
> declare it as a plain function?

   Right on target.  Turns out the previous administrator of this
machine attempted to install an old version of Postgres (before I took
over and put on a newer one), and apparently decided it would be best
for the include files to reside directly in /usr/include.  Thus, my
compilations were using that old postgres.h, leading to the problem.
   Thanks! :)

-Brandon :)