Ruby interface

От Noboru Saitou
Тема Ruby interface
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
 Hi, I'm Ruby interface maintner(not authors) for PostgreSQL.
First of all I introduce Ruby.
What's Ruby ? : I cite it from official site of Ruby.
Ruby is the interpreted scripting language for quick and
easy object-oriented programming. It has may features to
process text files and to do system management tasks
(as in Perl). It is simple straight-forward, extensible,
and portable.
Please, see this for detail (Ruby Official site):
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/
If you wanted to know brief description, this may be useful :
http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/ruby.html

I return a talk to Ruby interface for PostgreSQL.
This library is copyrighted by its authors;
Yukihiro Matsumoto (Ruby ahthor), and Eiji Matsumoto.
Ruby interface for PostgreSQL :
http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/mb/noborus/postgres/index.html
Current version is available with 0.6.1 at :
http://webclub.kcom.ne.jp/mb/noborus/archive/

For example:
--------------------
require "postgres"
conn = PGconn.connect("localhost", 5432, "", "", "test1")
res = conn.exec("SELECT * FROM table;")
print res.result
It is very easily usable and thinks that it is excellent
interface.
I hope for PostgreSQL tarball including it, With Perl and
Python in the same way!I want you to write it with document at least.

Thanks.