2nd update on TOAST

От JanWieck@t-online.de (Jan Wieck)
Тема 2nd update on TOAST
Дата
Re: 2nd update on TOAST  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Uh oh -
   on  one side I'm a happy camper. pg_dump already ignored pg_*   tables and since the TOAST  tables  are  named
pg_toast_...,  nothing  to  be done. I loaded my test DB with TOAST entries,   dumped and restored it.  Anything is
there,works  perfectly.

   But  then  I added the ALTER TABLE for unlimited rewrite rule   size to initdb and the problems started. I can
createa table   with  500+  attributes.  Also  I can create a view on it (the   rules size is 170K - whow). Anything
workspretty well,  just   a pg_dump output is garbage.

   Seems  the  dynamic  string buffers used in pg_dump aren't as   bullet proof as they  should.   I'm  still  busy
with other   things, so can someone please take a look on it?  Attached is   an SQL script that creates the table  and
the view  that  I   cannot dump.

Jan