Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Just seems easier to have stuff segregates into separate per-db
> > directories for clarity.  Also, as directories get bigger, finding a
> > specific file in there becomes harder.  Putting 10 databases all in the
> > same directory seems bad in this regard.
>
> Huh?  I wasn't arguing against making a db-specific directory below the
> tablespace point.  I was arguing against making *another* directory
> below that one.

I was suggesting:
ln -s /var/pgsql/dbname/loc data/base/dbname/loc

I thought you were suggesting:
ln -s /var/pgsql/dbname data/base/dbname/loc

With this system:
ln -s /var/pgsql/dbname data/base/dbname/loc1ln -s /var/pgsql/dbname data/base/dbname/loc2

go into the same directory, which makes it impossible to move loc1
easily using the file system.  Seems cheap to add the extra directory.

> > I don't think we want to be using
> > symlinks for tables if we can avoid it.
>
> Agreed, but where did that come from?  None of these proposals mentioned
> symlinks for anything but directories, AFAIR.

I thought you mentioned it.  Sorry.

Pennsylvania19026