Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?]

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> It's tough to maintain clear module APIs with tools like
> >> that second-guessing the author's intentions.
>
> > Also, I don't touch the interfaces, only the backend code.  There aren't
> > many api stuff there, except spi, which I also don't touch.
>
> I was talking about intermodule APIs within the backend...

Can you give an example?  You mean a function that is meant to be
exported to other modules in the backend, but is not called for some
reason should not be marked as static?

Yes, that is an issue, but reducing our code size and marking functions
static/NOT_USED seems to be a larger benfit.  Of course, IMHO.

Pennsylvania19026