Re: AW: New warning code for missing FROM relations

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: AW: New warning code for missing FROM relations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Zeugswetter Andreas SB writes:
>
> > Yes, only Bruce and I are of the opinion that it *is* an Error, and I
> > guess we want some consensus.
>
> I agree that it is an error.
>
> > The notice is imho of the sort: notice this syntax is going to be
> > disallowed soon.
>
> If you can guarantee that each user will only see the notice once, then
> okay. :)

There is no sense that this is a warning about the syntax changing at
some point.  It is to warn queries that are probably broken.

Seems if they already have a FROM clause, there is no purpose for some
tables being in the FROM clause, and others begin auto-created.  In
other cases, it issues no warning.

Pennsylvania19026