Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL v7.0.1 Released

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL v7.0.1 Released
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 06-01-2000 - PostgreSQL v7.0.1 Released
>
> The PostgreSQL Global Development Group is proud to announce the release
> of PostgreSQL v7.0.1. This is essentially acleanup of v7.0. A dump/restore
> is not required if you're moving from v7.0. If you're migrating from a
> release earlier than v7.0 a dump/restore will be necessary.
>
> The release is available on ftp.postgresql.org, at:
>
>     ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.0.1
>
> As well as our various mirror affiliates ...

I am a little bit confused about this release. It seems pre-formatted
html docs and man files are not included in
ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v7.0.1/postgresql.7.0.1.tar.gz

cd /usr/local/src/pgsql/7.0.1/postgresql-7.0.1/doc
make install
make all
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/7.0.1/postgresql-7.0.1/doc'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `admin', needed by `all'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/pgsql/7.0.1/postgresql-7.0.1/doc'
make: *** [install] Error 2

So I grabed postgresql.7.0.1.docs.tar.gz and looked into the contents,
but I couldn't find pre-formatted docs. Am I missing something?

Also, bellow is different from the release note included in the tar ball?

> Changes
>
>    Fix many CLUSTER failures (Tom)
>    Allow ALTER TABLE RENAME works on indexes (Tom)
>    Fix plpgsql to handle datetime->timestamp and
>    timespan->interval (Bruce)
>    New configure --with-setproctitle switch to use setproctitle() (Marc, Bruce)
>    Fix the off by one errors in ResultSet from 6.5.3, and more.
>    jdbc ResultSet fixes (Joseph Shraibman)
>    optimizer tunings (Tom)
>    Fix create user for pgaccess
>    Fix for UNLISTEN failure
>    IRIX fixes (David Kaelbling)
>    QNX fixes (Andreas Kardos)
>    Reduce COPY IN lock level (Tom)
>    Change libpqeasy to use PQconnectdb() style parameters (Bruce)
>    Fix pg_dump to handle OID indexes (Tom)
>    Fix small memory leak (Tom)
>    Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb
>    Fix for non-blocking connections (Alfred Perlstein)
>    Fix improper recovery after RENAME TABLE failures (Tom)
>    Copy pg_ident.conf.sample into /lib directory in install (Bruce)
>

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

BTW, why
the tar ball is named postgresql.7.0.1.tar.gz, rather than
postgresql-7.0.1.tar.gz?

This may confuse users becasue following descriptions are in INSTALL: