Re: group by week (ww), plus -S performance

От Erich
Тема Re: group by week (ww), plus -S performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Thanks - that seems to be about 10% faster. I also got a 25% boost
> by recompiling PG7 with -O3.

Do you mean you got a 25% boost by recompiling with -O3 instead of
-O2, or instead of -g?  If going from -O2 to -O3 gives a 25% boost,
time for me to recompile.  I'm just now moving from MySQL to
PostgreSQL, and I'm also totally changing the data structures into
something much less efficient, so I need all the speed boosts I can
get.  Recompiling is much cheaper than buying a new computer.