PostgreSQL7.0 bug? "make install" doesN'T run at all

От planx plnetx
Тема PostgreSQL7.0 bug? "make install" doesN'T run at all
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, I think that the problem of postgres running session instability
it's due to a conflict with precedent postgres6.5.x rpms...
well, now I've purged those rpms from my mandrake with GnoRPM and
finally redo a make install (after making sources, of course!)
but they dont copy initdb in my /usr/bin (mandrake use usr instead of
usr/local) then i link into /usr/bin/ all /usr/pgsql/bin which the
make install create...
but if I run initdb it tell me:
***************
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating database system directory /home/SQL/sdp
Creating database system directory /home/SQL/sdp/base
Creating database XLOG directory /home/SQL/sdp/pg_xlog
Creating template database in /home/SQL/sdp/base/template1
/usr/pgsql/bin/initdb: line 442:   992 Broken pipe             cat
"$TEMPLATE"
       993                       | sed -e "s/PGUID/$POSTGRES_SUPERUSERID/g"
       994 Segmentation fault      | "$PGPATH"/postgres $FIRSTRUN template1

initdb failed.
Removing /home/SQL/sdp.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.973.