Limits on PostgreSQL

От Marcos Barreto de Castro
Тема Limits on PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

   I am developing an application that will use the
C API for postgreSQL and I need to know this:

1 - How many tuples can be returned as a result of a
query using a CURSOR? (Is it possible to do a SELECT
* on a table that has 2 million records and OPEN a
CURSOR for that SELECT and show all records'contents
using FETCH FORWARD, for example?)

 2 - When one uses a CURSOR for a SELECT is there a
big memory consumption or there is a memory buffer
limit and beyond that the result is written to a file
(virtual memory) and read from there when needed?

Marcos Castro
email: mbdecastro@yahoo.com