LEFT OUTER JOIN?

От Peter Landis
Тема LEFT OUTER JOIN?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi- I'm a newbie at postgres but have a pretty good
understanding of SQL statements.  I have created two
views and wanted to do a LEFT OUTER JOIN of the two
tables.  The sytax is

select * from vcompany LEFT OUTER JOIN ON
vcompany.id=vregistry.id;

I get the following error:
LEFT OUTER JOIN not yet implemented

My question is does postgresql 6.5 support Left out
join and if not is there another way of implementing
this sql statement to give me a LEFT OUTER JOIN.

The logic if very simple.  Look below to see the
tables:

vcompany
+--------+---------------+
|    id     |      Name  |
+-------+----------------+
|     1     |      Peter |
|     2     |      John  |
|     3     |      Joe   |
|     4     |      Jerry |
|     5     |      Mike  |
+--------+---------------+

vcompany
+--------+-------------+
|    id     |      Desc|
+-------+--------------+
|     1     |      A   |
|     2     |      B   |
|     5     |      D   |

JOIN OF THE TWO

|    id  |      Name     |      Desc   |
|   1    |      Peter    |      A      |
|   2    |      John     |      B      |
|   3    |      Joe      |           |
|   4    |      Jerry    |           |
|   5    |      Mike     |      D      |