Postgres Instability

От planx plnetx
Тема Postgres Instability
Дата
Re: Postgres Instability  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I've remarked that postgresql-7.0 have two important bugs no, no...
I'll define its Problems.

The first is  that it is very subsceptible to ipc: it's true that sometimes
U need to do an ipcclean to remake it start

The second is the very VERY important instability problem.
I explain me better: I've tried Postgres on different systems
(redhat6.0,6.1, mandrake7.0) and every time after that I make  start the
postmaster 20 or 30  times  in a week  or 2,  it begin to have  a problem
with shared memory, but i do an ipcclean and go..., after when
postmaster run without problems if I do a createuser (from sqladmin) or
a createdb (from user) it give me the same problem like: