Re: Having trouble getting readline functional in psql

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Having trouble getting readline functional in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Michael S. Kelly" wrote:
  >Hey all,
  >
  >Readline functionality not working in psql.
  >
  >I've installed PostgreSQL 7.0 RC1 on RedHat 6.2.  I have configured using:
  >
  >   --with-libraries=/usr/lib

This shouldn't be necessary; it's the standard location.

  >which is where the libreadline.so.3 file is.  One of the things I've
  >noticed, although I'm not sure of it's significance, is that when the
  >configure routine checks for the readline.h file it returns "no".

This is why you aren't getting readline.  Either you don't have the
readline development files installed, or you need to specify

  --with-includes=/path/to/readline.h

     "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,
      and he will flee from you."          James 4:7