PostgreSQL (fwd)

От Oliver Elphick
Тема PostgreSQL (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I don't have a CS background and don't really feel competent to answer this;
so I am forwarding it to the PostgreSQL list.

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 12 Apr 2000 05:24:41 -0400
From:    "Adien.Reynald.Suresh.Lopez" <ca9alo@isis.sunderland.ac.uk>
To:      olly@lfix.co.uk
Subject: PostgreSQL

Dear Oliver

I am a student following an MSc in Advanced Software Engineering in UK. I have
gone through the PostgreSQL site and have read lot about ORDBMS. I am planning
to do my MSc dissertation titled, "An investigation into designing and
developing a web information system applying an ORDBMS approach with PostgreSQL

and Java Technology".

What I want to do is to analyse why the ORDBMS is best suited for web
information systems compared to OODBMS and RDBMS, and then design an applicatio
using UML (for object concepts of ORDBMS), DFDs and ERAs (for Relational
concepts of ORDBMS) and then implement it using PostgreSQL and JDBC.

Can you help me in suggesting how should go about it?

Thanks and regards

Adien
adien.lopez@sunderland.ac.uk
www.go.to/adienlopez

------- End of Forwarded Message

     "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and
      sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to
      dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; and is a
      discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
                              Hebrews 4:12