Re: ODBC and crypted passwords

От Stephen Davies
Тема Re: ODBC and crypted passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I believe that the US export restrictions have been lifted.

cheers,
Stephen Davies.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:

> >> I imagine the problem is that he doesn't want to depend on the 'crypt'
> >> library, which is standard on Unixen but not (AFAIK) on Windows.
> >> Otherwise it'd be easy to transpose libpq's code into the odbc driver.
> >> (OTOH, I believe there are ports of libpq for Windows, so
> >> maybe crypt() is available there?  Anyone know?)
>
> > Actually, the crypt()ed authentication is not supported on libpq for Win32.
> > I meant to do this, but I had completely forgotten...
>
> Hmm.  Can we find a freely-distributable version of libcrypt anywhere?
>
> (Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that crypt()
> implements exactly the same transformation on every Unix platform.
> It may be that you have to have a version of crypt() that matches the
> one on your server's platform.  That would be a pain in the neck ...
> but if we did find an open-source libcrypt, maybe we could standardize
> on using it in preference to vendor crypts...)
>
>             regards, tom lane

Stephen Davies Consulting                      scldad@sdc.com.au
Adelaide, South Australia.                       Voice: 08-8177 1595
Computing & Network solutions.               Fax: 08-8177 0133

Сообщение: Re: ODBC and crypted passwords
Сообщение: Re: ODBC and crypted passwords