Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I agree that I'm not eager to uglify the code that much to avoid a
> > single-platform compiler bug.  Can it be worked around with less-ugly
> > changes?  I'd try changing the --i to i--, for example; and/or swapping
> > the order of the two initialization assignments.  Neither of those would
> > impair readability noticeably.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane
>
> I found a different patch that will fix the problem.  It compiles and the
> resulting binary passes the regression tests.

Here is the patch.  I am inclined not to apply it.  While I realizes it
fixes  the problem on your platform, it is one of those bugs I would
rather pass back to the compiler author than fix it in our code.

Comments from others?  Is this a popular compiler, or are you the only
one likely to be using that version with that bug?

The change is i > 0 to 0 < i.  Wow, if such a change fixes your compiler
for int8's, I really would not trust it for anything.

*** ./src/backend/utils/adt/int8.c.orig Mon Apr  3 13:24:12 2000--- ./src/backend/utils/adt/int8.c      Mon Apr  3
13:28:472000****************** 410,416 ****        if (*arg1 < 1)                *result = 0;        else!
for (i = *arg1, *result = 1; i > 0; --i)                        *result *= i;          return result;--- 410,416 ----
    if (*arg1 < 1)                *result = 0;        else!               for (i = *arg1, *result = 1; 0 < i; --i)
                 *result *= i;

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: RE: postgres crash on CURSORS
Сообщение: Re: postgres crash on CURSORS