Re: How to speed up commits?

От Jim Richards
Тема Re: How to speed up commits?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 02:51 PM 3/04/00 +0800, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I was doing a few tests to optimize my perl web app, and this is what I got.

A few questions, if you don't do the commit, then you loose your data,
so there isn't much point in doing that is there ...

How much RAM does you machine have?

Where is the blocking happening, what does vmstat tell you
(is it blocking on disk, ram or what?)

What sort of disk drives are you using?

How many postmasters are you running, what is the maximum
you have set (I think the default is 32 or somthing)

Does you code pool database connections at all or does it reconnect for each statement (select, update, etc)

--
Mr Grumpy is now a virtual personality ...
 http://www.cyber4.org/members/grumpy/camera/index.html